Why Do Voice Dialogue?
Voice Dialogue is the most empowering and life-changing personal growth work I am aware of.
It literally wakes you up. It frees you from a limited self-perception, opening the doors to a rich, multi-faceted state of wholeness.
It includes work with energetics and learning about the underlying patterns and dynamics of relationship.
Here’s a List of the Benefits of Voice Dialogue
- When you become aware of and listen to the different parts of yourself, and you learn about their concerns and how they influence your life experience, you gain a deeper insight into your behaviour, feelings and life choices.
- You start to realise which selves are running your life – including your relationships, career choices and goals in general – and which selves don’t get much say.
- As your awareness of and connection to your various selves grows, you develop the ability to make increasingly conscious choices, rather than acting – or reacting – from habit.
- This process of growing awareness and of embracing often very opposite aspects of your psyche develops a more centred and inclusive sense of who you are.
- You become more aware of all the aspects of your humanity, be they spiritual, instinctual, materially-focused, service-oriented, emotional, rational, parental, or childlike.
- Your relationships become teachers for you as you realise your judgments about others hold important lessons about yourself, and that your selves bond with the selves in other people in predictable patterns.
- Your romantic relationships will be richer and last longer if you recognise when your and your partner’s selves become stuck in bonding patterns – and when you know how to navigate those patterns before the relationship deteriorates.
- You’ll be able to handle the challenges of parenting better when you can see the selves of your child emerging as they grow and develop, and that your child’s personality and behaviours reflect your self-configuration.
- You learn to use the energies the selves hold appropriately, such as warm, personal energy and cool, impersonal energy, and you can more easily set healthy boundaries and manage how you connect with others.
What emerges when dialoguing and connecting with selves is what Hal and Sidra Stone have called The Aware Ego Process. This is when you become aware of a self operating in your psyche and can unhook from it. It is with an Aware Ego that you can access other selves – often opposites – and embrace both. It is a process of freeing oneself from being stuck in one or one group of selves that have taken over who we are and how we live our lives.
Know someone this might interest? Please share: