The Benefits of Voice Dialogue
When you listen to the different parts of yourself and learn how they operate:
- You gain a deeper insight into your behaviour, feelings and choices.
- You start to realise which selves are running your life – including your relationships, career choices and goals in general – and which selves don’t get much say.
- As your awareness of and connection to your various selves grows, you develop the ability to make increasingly conscious choices, rather than acting – or reacting – from habit.
- This process of growing awareness and of embracing often very opposite aspects of your psyche develops a more centred and inclusive sense of who you are.
- You become more aware of all the aspects of your humanity, be they spiritual, instinctual, materially-focused, service-oriented, emotional, rational, parental, or childlike.
- Your relationships become teachers for you as you realise your judgments about others hold important lessons about yourself, and that your selves bond with the selves in other people in predictable patterns.
- Your romantic relationships will be richer and last longer as you recognise when your and your partner’s selves become stuck in bonding patterns – and when you know how to navigate those patterns before the relationship deteriorates.
- You’ll be able to better handle the challenges of parenting when you can see the selves of your child emerging as they grow and develop, and that your child’s personality and behaviours reflect your self-configuration.
- You develop a sensitivity to the energies of the selves and learn to use these energies more consciously, such as warm, personal energy and cool, impersonal energy, and you can more easily set healthy boundaries and manage how you connect with others.
All the above involves a process where your regular sense of self, or Ego (Primary Self in Voice Dialogue terms) transforms into an Aware Ego. Learn about the Aware Ego Process here.
Free Voice Dialogue Ebook
Get my ebook Me! Me! Me! Which Inner Self is Running Your Life? free via the form below.
Your information is kept securely and I will never share it with anyone. And you’re free to unsubscribe at any time.
Know someone this might interest? Please share: